New Volunteer Guide - 新手上路须知
Hands On offers a variety of projects and programs that you can participate in, and we hope that you will take this opportunity to get involved! To learn how to get started see our “New Volunteer’s Guide” and learn how to Be The Change! Volunteer!
- Thursday, December 26, 2013 - 11:30
- Thursday, December 26, 2013 - 14:00
- Saturday, December 28, 2013 - 15:00
- Saturday, December 28, 2013 - 15:00
HandsOn Chengdu Project Coordinators Needed
Due to our recent expansion, we need more project coordinators who are able to give an extra 2-3 hours a month, have a passion for helping others, and are able to help us manage with on site project coordination. We have opportunities during both weekend and weekday programs, across all our projects (See below).
Current Project Coordinator Opportunities:
- Hong Pailou Elderly Home - Fridays 14:30pm to 16:30pm
- Jiang Xi Jie Elderly Home - Sundays 9:30 am to 11:30 am
- Cerebral Palsy Rehabilitation Center - Sundays 9:30 am to 11:30 am
- Children and Women’s Central Hospital - Saturdays 14:30pm to 16:30pm
- Fu Qin BDX - Saturdays 9:00 am to 11:30 am
- Jin Niu BDX - Thursdays 14:30pm to 16:30pm
- Coordinate Events 1-2 times on site per month
- Design activities
- Volunteer on-site briefing
- Volunteer on-site coordination
- Event report and feedback
If you feel that you fulfill the qualifications, please send an email with title like your name is applying for coordinator to email@example.com
HandsOn Chengdu is Hiring
To accomplish the mission and goals that we have set for the community, HandsOn Chengdu looks to employ and incubate those who have a passion for an issues and the ability to manage the development of long term programs. We hire the best, and we expect the best, so if you are looking for an organization to develop a career with, a career whose mission is to benefit the community, then we invite you to review our current openings and send us your CV.
Full time staff
HandsOn Chengdu is looking for someone who is passionate about making a difference to support the growth of HandsOn and our programs. Someone who is committed to developing long term platforms.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing current programs, program partners and volunteers
- Identifying and creating new programs
- Monitoring the progress of programs
- Assisting in project execution for individual and corporate projects.
- An understanding of the issues surrounding poverty, elderly care, and migrant workers
- Chinese National with strong English capabilities or Foreign National with strong Chinese capabilities
- Undergraduate Major in sociology, civil affairs, or other CSR related
- Outgoing, hardworking, and passionate about helping others.
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel and Power point)
- Previous experience volunteering with NGO
- 2-3 years previous work experience
If you feel that you fulfill the qualifications above please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Big Brother Big Sister project launched
“Brother&Sister” is a traditional project for Hands On China. In Hands On Chengdu, by matching collage students with migrant school students, we hope they can gain a true friendship from each other. Also, these small kids who are lacking of social attention and family caring can receive more sense of warm and guild from their big friends. On 14th May, 17 student volunteers from SWUFE and 8 from UESTC took part in their first activity of the “Brother and Sister” project in Hongnian Migrant Primary School. Each of 16 students from Hongnian Primary School was introduced to a volunteer. The pupils tour guided their own “big friends” around the campus and both of them got to know each other through the tour. This project will last till the end of this semester.